Welcome to to the Woodlawn Guest House in Portland, Oregon! We have been hosting guests since 2009. Guests love our private guest rooms and friendly common areas. Walk to cafes, brew pubs, beautiful nature parks, and some of the best restaurants in Portland. When it’s time to head out of town, you are just 10 minutes to Portland International Airport!
Scroll down for info about our guest rooms, location, dining, and tours! Follow us on Instagram: woodlawnguesthouse
Airbnb permit #15-153501-HO
Downstairs Master Suite with Private Bathroom
Everything you want and need in a guest room: comfortable bed, enough room to spread your things out, very clean bathroom, privacy.
Rates: $50 night|$350 week | $1150 month
Reservations: click here
Upstairs Room with Garden View
You’ll feel right at home in this large open space. Large windows let in plenty of natural light. The large walk-in closet has enough space for all your gear. The bathroom and shower is shared.
Rates: $50 night|$350 week | $1150 month
Reservations: Click here
Enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning at the coffee bar, stocked with local favorites like Stumptown. Browse our library to read all (or just a little) about Lewis & Clark and The Oregon Trail. Relax at the end of the day on the sofa in front of the fireplace. The back patio is covered for year ’round enjoyment – kick back with some of Oregon’s finest : wine, beer, or cannabis – all legal here!
Sarah has spent 23 years getting to know Portland – as a resident public information officer for the City of Portland. Today she leads tours and drives for LYFT.
Walter is our 12-year old love. She is a german wirehair pointer. Sarah rescued Walter and her 9 newborn puppies 11 years ago. Walter has been guarding the house and keeping our guests company ever since!
Airbnb wrote a story about us – you can read it here.
Eat & Drink
Walk out the door and you’ll find many great places to eat and drink right on Dekum Street, including: Woodlawn Coffee & Pastry, Tamale Boy, Hi Wheel Fizzy Wine, Tough Luck Bar, Ranch Pizza, Ps & Qs Market, Breakside Brewery, Oregon Public House, and more!
Woodlawn Wishing Tree
Our birch tree became the Woodlawn Wishing Tree in 2015 when we heard such a wonderful thing existed and that we could ourselves create one! We started with our own simple wish: for visitors to our guest house to always feel welcome and at home. We left some blank wish tags, string, and pens out for others to write wishes down, and by the next month there were dozens of wishes tied to the tree and open to the elements and passers by for viewing.
- I wish for my computer and phone back.
- Get whole.
- Free my people.
- I wish for a life full of happiness.
- Thomas proposes to me this year.
- I want my best friend to stay in Prague.
- I wish for Belo to beat Cruz in November.
- I wish to see as much of the world as possible.
- I wish for a singing unicorn.
- A good senior year.
- For more beautiful trees like this one.
- I wish for my daughters to be healed. I wish to be healthy. To never doubt my choices and always love the small things in life.
- I wish for a kind hearted president.
- I wish for no violence in schools. No guns in schools.
- I wish for health and love.
- I wish for a home for all the puppies.
- I wish for world peace.
- I wish to gaze forever at the horizon of eternity.
- I wish to stay sober and my kids come home to me.
- I wish to go back to my family.
- I wish to not care about bullshit.
- I wish for Robbie to realize what he has done, missed and be apologetic.
- I wish to have a dog.
- I wish I’d seen a real fairy before.
- For healthy and happy family and children.
- I wish for people to find self acceptance instead of looking to others to be accepted.
- We find a solution for mom and dad. Health and happiness.
- I wish for more diversity!
- I wish to be the change I want to see in the world.
- I wish that everybody in the world had enough money and nobody had too much.
- I wish our children could grow up in a world free of bullying.
- I wish to see everything my mother couldn’t.
- I wish for mom and dad to come to terms with things.
Stop by and write a wish or wish for someone else’s wish to come true!
It is legal to purchase and use marijuana in Portland, Oregon! Enjoy your cannabis here at the guest house on our outdoor 420 patio. Several shops near the guest house sell loose leaf marijuana, pre-roll joints, edibles, pipes, and more. Want to arrange for a private tour of dispensaries? Just let us know!
Harry Potter Room
Muggles and wizards of all ages love our Cupboard Under the Stairs! Climb in and say hello to Hedwig!
Sarah’s Tours & Experiences
Moving to Portland Orientation Tour
An all day tour designed for people who want to see a bigger picture of Portland beyond the sightseeing in order to make an informed decision about which of the five quadrants and 96 neighborhoods to unpack in. email: email@example.com
Electric Bike Tour of Portland A ride around Portland’s top sights on an electric bike that has a motor for big hills and some extra oomph for longer distances. If you can ride a bike you can ride an eBike. Info & Reservations: here
Keep Portland Weird! Scavenger Hunt A walking photo scavenger hunt around one of Portland’s funkiest neighborhoods! Info & Reservations: here
Explore Portland’s Thrift & Vintage Shops If you like thrift shopping, this tour is for you! Along the way we’ll see some sights of Portland and stop for refreshments. Info & Reservations: here